The future of Somerset’s Libraries Service was decided by the County Council’s Cabinet in November 2018:
- 19 existing library buildings are to continue to be funded and managed by Somerset County Council.
- 13 of the remaining 15 libraries, library buildings are set to remain open until at least 31 March 2019, whilst work progresses to develop Community Library Partnerships with the aim of keeping library buildings open into the future.
- For the remaining two libraries – Highbridge and Sunningdale, no expression of interest was received for a Community Library Partnership and therefore these libraries have closed. Outreach services are being provided for these communities. (See ‘Outreach Services’ for more information).
Below is a map showing which library buildings are to remain the same and which will change. If you click on a library pin, a summary of the recommendations for that library will pop-up.
To the right you can view more information about Community Library Partnerships, the detailed libraries redesign decision and the evidence on which it was based.
If you have any questions about the changes, please:
- email: email@example.com
- or write to: Libraries Service, B3S, County Hall, Taunton, TA1 4DY
- or contact Somerset Direct on 0300 123 2224.