During the libraries service consultation January to June 2018 over 7,000 responses from across Somerset were received, including nearly 13,000 comments. These were carefully reviewed and analysed over the summer and a report detailing the consultation findings and the council’s recommendations is below.
The Cabinet decided on 5 November whether library services within communities are to remain the same or be provided in other ways in future. This could be through Community Library Partnerships or, if these are not forthcoming, through mobile library and/or outreach services..
- Cabinet decision 5 November 2018
- Cabinet Decision Report
- Appendix 1 Library Service Delivery Plan
- Appendix 2 Needs Assessment
- Appendix 3 Consultation Report
- Appendix 4 Equalities Impact Assessment
- Appendix 5 Support to Community Library Partnerships
Past decisions and Government guidance about the library service can be found below: