During the libraries service consultation January to June 2018 over 7,000 responses from across Somerset were received, including nearly 13,000 comments. These were carefully reviewed and analysed over the summer and a report detailing the consultation findings and the council’s subsequent decision are below.
The Cabinet decided on 5 November whether library services within communities are to remain the same or be provided in other ways in future.
- Libraries Redesign – Report
- Annex 1 – Scrutiny Report to Cabinet
- Appendix 1 – Library Service Delivery Plan Oct 2018
- Appendix 2 – Needs Assessment Oct 2018
- Appendix 3 – Consultation 2018 Report Sept 2018
- Appendix 4 – Equalities Impact Assessments LSR Oct 2018
- Appendix 5 – Support to Community Library Partnerships
- Cabinet slides – 5th November 2018
- Community Library Partnerships – Phase 1
A further decision was taken about the future of 9 libraries on 4 March.